Lakdawala: Caro-Kann - Move by Move
This new series provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practising of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study any chess opening and at the same time improve your general chess skills and knowledge.
In this book, Cyrus Lakdawala examines the Caro-Kann, which enjoys a richly deserved reputation as one of Black’s most reliable defences. It provides an ideal blend of soundness and dynamism, which allows Black to create counterplay from a solid platform. Lakdawala shares his experience and knowledge of the Caro-Kann, presents a repertoire for Black and provides answers to all the key questions.
- Essential guidance and training in the Caro-Kann
- Includes a Caro-Kann repertoire for Black
- Utilizes an ideal approach to chess study
1. Smyslov Variation: The Quiet 5 Nf3
2. Smyslov Variation 5 Bc4: The Old Line
3. Smyslov Variation 5 Ng5: Into the Abyss
4. Advance Variation: Nunn-Shirov Attack
5. Advance Variation: Short\''s Line
6. Advance Variation: Fourth Move Alternatives
7. Panov-Botvinnik Attack
8. Quasi Panov-Botvinnik
9. Exchange Variation
10. Two Knights Variation
11. Fantasy Variation
12. King\''s Indian Attack and 2 Ne2
Index of Variations
Index of Complete Games
432 Seiten, 2012, kartoniert, englisch.