Palliser: The Modern Benoni
Chess Developments is a brand new series providing state-of-the-art openings coverage. Chess Developments focuses on the current trends – concentrating on critical lines, theoretical novelties and powerful new ideas. It offers players of all levels the opportunity to keep up-to-date with current opening theory whilst also expanding and improving their repertoires.
The Modern Benoni is an exciting, counter-attacking weapon against 1 d4. Black willingly creates an early imbalance which allows both sides to fight for the initiative in positions which are rich in tactical and strategic possibilities. In this book, Richard Palliser examines the most theoretically important and instructive Modern Benoni games from recent years, highlighting the main developments and novelties for both sides. Whether playing White or Black, studying this book will provide you with essential information on a popular opening.
- Written by a renowned Modern Benoni expert
- Packed with new ideas and critical analysis
- User-friendly design to help readers absorb information
1. The Modern Main Line
2. The Anti-Modern Main Line
3. The Taimanov Attack: 8...Nfd7 9 a4
4. The Taimanov Attack without 8...Nfd7 9 a4
5. The Main Line Fianchetto: 9...a6 10 a4 Nbd7 11 Nd2 Re8
6. The Fianchetto Variation: Early Deviations
Index of Variations
Index of Complete Games
281 Seiten, 2011, kartoniert, englisch.