Psakhis: Advanced Chess Tactics
A mastery of tactics is essential to a competitive chess player and Lev Psakhis is ideally qualified to show the way. In Advanced Chess Tactics Psakhis showcases many beautiful attacking games to make his points. Psakhis has the ability to explain deep analysis while also offering simple yet wise tips gleaned from his lifetime of experience.
Psakhis\''s witty style shines on every page of this profound yet accessible work, which will entertain as it instructs. Psakhis helps the reader understand a complex subject by splitting it into separate themes by opening or pawn structure. Many puzzle positions are included so the reader is fully involved.
Lev Psakhis is an Israeli grandmaster. He was born in Russia and twice won the immensely strong Soviet Championship before moving to Israel where he has also been national champion twice. Psakhis is a renowned coach who has worked with many famous players including Garry Kasparov and the Polgar sisters.
Key to Symbols used
1. Attacking the Benoni
2. Attacking with Hanging Pawns
3. IQP Positions: Attacking the King with Pieces
4. IQP Positions: Attacking with the h-pawn
5. IQP Positions: Versus the c-pawn
6. Attack in the Sicilian Labyrinths
7. Attack in the Catacombs of the Caro-Kann
8. Attacking in Rare and Non-Standard Openings
9. 57 Exercises
Figurine Notation, 365 Seiten, 2011, kartoniert, englisch