Tay: The Benko Gambit - Move by Move
This series provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practising of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study any chess opening and at the same time improve your general chess skills and knowledge.
The Benko Gambit is a popular choice for those who like to seize the initiative as Black. For the price of a pawn, Black gets tremendous queenside pressure and puts White on the defensive early in the game. Players are attracted by the fact that Black\''s plans are so clear cut, while White is often reduced to simply dealing with Black\''s threats. In this book, Benko expert Junior Tay invites you to join him in studying his favourite opening. He examines the main plans for both sides, provides a repertoire for Black and answers all the key questions.
- Essential guidance and training in the Benko Gambit
- Utilizes an ideal approach to chess study
- Includes a Benko Gambit repertoire for Black
About the Author
1. The King takes a Stroll:
4.cxb5 a6 5.bxa6 g6 6.Nc3 Bxa6 7.e4 Bxf1 8. Kxf1
2. Flummoxing the Fianchetto Variation:
4.cxb5 a6 5.bxa6 g6 6.Nc3 Bxa6 7.g3
3. Benko Schmenko: 4.cxb5 a6 5.b6
4. Hustle and Flow: 4.cxb5 a6 5.f3
5. The Safety Dance: 4.cxb5 a6 5.e3
6. Knight out on a Limb: 4.cxb5 a6 5.Nc3 axb5 6.e4 b4 7.Nb5
7. Ignorance is Bliss: 4.Nf3, 4.Qc2, 4.Nd2 and 4.Bg5
8. The Outsiders: 4.f3, 4.a4, 4.b3 and 4.e4
9. Déjà Vu: Benko Gambit Motifs in Other Openings
10. Benko Dojo Time
Index of Variations
Index of Games
315 Seiten, 1. Aufl. 2014, kartoniert, englisch.