Vigorito: The Sicilian Dragon
Chess Developments is a brand new series providing state-of-the-art coverage of chess openings.
Chess Developments focuses on the current trends – concentrating on critical lines, theoretical novelties and powerful new ideas. It offers players of all levels the opportunity to keep up-to-date with current opening theory whilst also expanding and improving their repertoires.
The Sicilian Dragon is undeniably one of the most popular and eagerly discussed chess openings. The main lines lead to tremendously complex positions in which both sides attack freely. One slip could be fatal, and a deep knowledge and understanding of the opening is often a decisive advantage. In this book David Vigorito focuses on all the critical Yugoslav Attack lines, examining the most important and instructive games in recent years and highlighting the main developments and novelties for both sides. Vigorito is well known for his opening expertise and his lucid explanations of the main plans and tactics will benefit all players.
- Essential coverage of the key Sicilian Dragon lines
- Packed with key new ideas and critical analysis
- User-friendly design to help readers absorb information
Part I: 9 Bc4 Bd7
1. Soltis Variation: 10 0-0-0 Rc8 11 Bb3 Ne5 12 h4 h5
2. Modern Variation: 10 0-0-0 Rc8 11 Bb3 Ne5 12 Kb1
3. Topalov Variation: 10 0-0-0 Rc8 11 Bb3 Nxd4
4. Chinese Variation: 10 0-0-0 Rb8
5. Accelerated Variation: 10 Bb3 Nxd4 11 Bxd4 b5
Part II: 9 0-0-0 and 9 g4
6. 9 0-0-0 d5 10 exd5
7. 9 0-0-0 d5 10 Qe1
8. 9 0-0-0 d5 10 Kb1
9. 9 0-0-0 Nxd4 and 9...Bd7
10. 9 g4
Index of Variations
Index of Complete Games
320 Seiten, 2011, kartoniert, englisch.